We are now accepting submissions for our annual poetry contest judged by Thea Brown. The winner will be published online this May in phoebe's 49.2. We encourage you to take a look at our previous contest winners. Only contest winners will win prize money, but we hope to publish some outstanding honorable mentions alongside our prize winner in 49.2. We look forward to reading your work. Submit online and send us the best you’ve got!
- All entries should include a cover letter with the submission’s title and author’s contact information (name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address).
- Your name and contact information must not appear anywhere else on the manuscript.
- You may submit multiple entries of 3-5 poems, but must pay an entry fee for each new submission.
- Please submit your work via Word Document or a similar processing system, if possible.
- We will not accept mailed submissions. Please use our online submission manager.
2020 Greg Grummer Poetry Prize
Judge: Thea Brown
DEADLINE: March 15 at 11:59 p.m.
PRIZE: $500 and publication in phoebe's 49.2 (digital issue)
SUBMISSION SIZE: 3 to 5 poems per submission, totaling no more than 10 pages.
Originally from the Hudson Valley in New York, Thea Brown is the author of the full-length collections Famous Times (Slope Editions, 2019) and Think of the Danger (H_NGM_N, 2016), as well as the chapbook We Are Fantastic (Petri Press, 2013). She lives in Baltimore, where she was the 2016–2017 Tickner Fellow at the Gilman School, a 2016 Rubys Artist Project Grant awardee, and the recipient of a 2017 UCross Foundation fellowship.